CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, June 30, 2008

Summer Vacation!

We just got home from a wonderful family vacation. We went to Gruene and stayed in our favorite bed and breakfast. I really think it is my favorite place in the world! We also took the kids to Sea World for 2 days. We went with our dear friends Nathan and Kelly and their girls. It was so nice for the older girls to have each other to play with. The baby girls were so good too. They weren't really sure what we were doing most of the time but I think they had fun. :)
Apparently, Addison is not a fan of large, swimming animals or sleeping when we are not at home. She cried or whined through all of the whale or dolphin shows. She wanted no part in feeding the dolphins what so ever. Two of the three nights I had to buckle her up and drive her around until she finally fell asleep. Naps also only happened if we were in the car. Despite lack of sleep, everyone was pleasant and had tons of fun! I think my favorite part was having lunch with Shamu. I learned some interesting facts about the whale and all 4 girls were amazed!
My other favorite part was the food. Breakfast every morning included homemade cinnamon rolls, tarragon potatoes, bacon, eggs, strudels and so much more. We also ate dinner at the Gristmill every night. Mmmmm!!!!!!!!!! It was all so delicious! My lean cuisine did not quite hit the spot after being spoiled for 4 days.
All good things must come to an end. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed though!

0 comments: